Para nuestras familias hispanas: Por favor comuniquese con nosotros atravez de correo electronico (Ps11programs@aol.com) si necesita ayuda navegando o entendiendo la informacion de nuestra pagina.
Offering Afterschool Classes, Early Bird Morning Program and Summer Camp to students of PS 11.
NEWS & INFORMATION:
Thank you for your patience as we continue to navigate the ever changing schedules.
• Afterschool and the Remote Learning Lab will remain open when schools are closed as long as we do not have any direct exposure to any of the positive COVID-19 cases at PS 11.
• The Remote Learning Lab at IAC has been extended through June 2021. Registration is currently open through June 2021. See below for more information.
• Registration is OPEN for June Fun Days which will run through June 24th. Activities will be held in the neighborhood parks, on the Highline and at the IAC Building. We hope to add some time in the water parks as the weather gets warmer. The current session and all virtual classes will end on May 28th. Register here.
. Stay tuned for possible day camps on June 3 & 8th – no school days.
• Summer Camp will run from July 5th-August 13th from9:00-5:00 pm. Due to construction at the school building, we do not expect to be onsite at PS 11 this summer but are working hard to create an enriching, fun-filled, robust camp that will keep your kids active and engaged. We are excited to be partnering with the Giant Room and will have more information available soon about other activities, field trips and partnerships. If you have already registered for camp, please log in to your Eleyo account and complete the registration template (under account management) – we have added additional questions to the registration form. We will be processing $100 deposits on June 1st and issuing invoices for the summer. If you need to change or cancel your registration, please let us know before June 1st. Registration is here.
• We are cautiously optimistic that we will be returning to PS 11 in the Fall of 2021 with a full afterschool schedule. Please visit our website over the summer, www.ps11programs.com, for updates and registration information.
• New Hip Hop Videos – Wednesday LIVE afterschool and Tuesday Virtual class
We are so grateful for the PS 11 community and thank you for entrusting us with your children. They have truly filled our souls with so much joy this year!
The following LIVE options are available:
• Afterschool in the Park & Beyond – outdoor activities will take place at the park with an indoor option (at IAC) for part of the afternoon from 200-5:00, Monday-Friday. Students may opt for outdoor only activities. Activities will take place in all kinds of weather so students MUST dress appropriately.
• Afterschool at the GIANT Room, Mondays and Tuesdays, 2:00-5:30. Through May only. Dropins are available on Tuesdays. Mondays class is full.
• Afterschool on the Highline, Mondays and Wednesdays, 2:00-6:00 Through May only. Dropins are available.
• Sewing, Girls on the Run and Skateboarding will also be available as a LIVE in-person class. Separate registration is required. Through May only.
*These 3 hour blocks will consist of 2-3 different activities that students can choose to participate in. For example, one day might be Hip Hop, Art, Card Games; another day could be Soccer, Sports, Card Games. The activities will remain the same each week and will be noted on the registration page so that you can choose the day with the activities that your child will prefer.
Classes will take place off-site during afterschool hours from 2:00-5:00. Students will be picked up at PS 11 if they are in attendance at school; another designated spot if they are not in school. We will return to PS 11 at 5:00 pm.
Registration for LIVE in person classes is open. REGISTER HERE
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE is available for all programs. Please complete the Financial Assistance/Fall 2020 Registration Form. A promo code will be emailed to you to use to register for the Fall Programs.
CHILD CARE and REMOTE LEARNING SUPPORT
The Learning Lab has been extended through May 28th and will be in the lobby of the IAC Building, 555 West 18th Street (18th Street And the West Side Highway.). The site will run from 8:30 am-2:00 pm each school day and will include coordination with each child’s remote learning schedule at PS 11, art and recreation and recess/outdoor time. The program is open to 1st-5th graders. Students who are registered for Afterschool can go directly to their scheduled program from the Learning Lab.
This program will be open to 30 students per day, with at least half of the seats reserved for those families who live in public or temporary housing, are essential workers or who meet the federal income guidelines for free lunch. It will be offered for free to those families listed above; $55 per day for all other families.
Students must bring their own devices for remote learning , a bottle of water and a bagged lunch. Snack will be provided. REGISTER HERE
We will abide by of all the required NYS, NYC and CDC Guidelines.
We will follow all CDC and New York State Guidelines for reopening.
Staff & Student Requirements
- Students will be required to wear masks and social distancing will be enforced.
- Daily health screenings must be completed daily before attending any in person programs. Form must be completed online or on paper prior to arriving at the site. Temperature will be taken on arrival. Health Screening One-Time Attestation must be completed before attending the program. If this attestation was completed for summer camp, it does not need to be completed again.
- IAC Waiver, if participating at IAC location.
- Students should bring bottled water. Prepackaged/individual snacks will be provided.
- Toys and personal items are not allowed.
Please make sure that your Eleyo email addresses are current and that you check our website often, www.ps11programs.com. You an also follow us on Instagram @ps11programs. If you are a family new to PS 11 and are interested in our programs, please create an account at www.ps11programs.ce.eleyo.com.