Summer Camp 2018 (under construction)
We are so excited to begin another year of summer camp at PS 11. We are looking forward to spending time with your child this summer. We have so many fun activities planned.
Please make sure you have completed all the forms and returned them to us BEFORE your child begins summer camp.
REGULAR CAMP HOURS ARE 9:00-5:00 • EARLY DROP OFF IS AT 8:00 A.M. ($10 PER DAY) • LATE PICKUP IS AT 6:00 P.M. ($10 PER DAY)
• BREAKFAST WILL BE SERVED DAILY BEGINNING AT 8:45 A.M. • CHILDREN CAN NOT ENTER THE SCHOOL BUILDING BEFORE 8:45 UNLESS SIGNED UP FOR EARLY DROP OFF • SCHOOL LUNCH WILL ALSO BE PROVIDED EVERY DAY BY SCHOOL FOOD. IF YOU CHOOSE TO SEND YOUR CHILD WITH HIS/HER OWN LUNCH, PLEASE DO NOT SEND GLASS BOTTLES OR ANY ITEMS THAT NEED TO BE MICROWAVED.
CHILDREN SHOULD BRING WITH THEM EACH DAY:
• A BATHING SUIT AND TOWEL • SNEAKERS • A BOTTLE OF WATER OR WATER BOTTLE • FOR YOUNGER CHILDREN, AN EXTRA SET OF CLOTHES • SUMMER READING BOOKS/PROJECTS
PLEASE APPLY SUNSCREEN TO YOUR CHILD EACH MORNING BEFORE COMING TO CAMP.PLEASE LEAVE ALL TOYS, GAMES, CANDY, ELECTRONICS AT HOME.
CHILDREN SHOULD BE DRESSED APPROPRIATELY IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN ALL ACTIVITIES. SHORTS & SNEAKERS/SANDALS ARE PREFERRED. PLEASE NO FLIP FLOPS. CHILDREN WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO GO ON FIELD TRIPS WEARING FLIP FLOPS!!
THE SUMMER CAMP SCHEDULE IS AS FOLLOWS:
8:00 EARLY DROP OFF ($10)
9:00-10:00 BREAKFAST/CHOICE TIME
10:00-12:00 ENRICHMENT ACTIVITIES*
12:00-1:00 LUNCH/PLAY TIME
1:00-2:00 GENIUS HOUR**
2:00-4:00 ENRICHMENT ACTIVITIES*
4:00-5:00 FREE TIME/DISMISSAL
5:00-6:00 LATE PICKUP ($10)
Daily Calendar: Pending
Below are listed the links to all summer camp forms, Genius Hour signups and general camp information.
Summer Camp Letter
Summer Camp Forms
GENIUS HOUR WILL BE HELD EVERY DAY FROM 1:00-2:00. STUDENTS WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO SIGN UP FOR AN ENRICHMENT PROGRAM OF THEIR CHOICE.
Summer Camp materials needed: TBD
Mini Camp 7/2-7/6 Park Visits TBD
Week 1 (7/9-7/13) The Big Apple
Field Trip (7/12): Governor’s Island, via subway & ferry
Week 2 (7/16-7/20) Mad Scientists Week
Field Trip (7/19): Liberty Science Center, via subway & ferry
Week 3 (7/23-7/27) Born to be Wild
Field Trip (7/26): Bear Mountain Trailside Museum & Zoo, Highland Falls, NY, via school bus
Week 4 (7/30-8/3) Animal House
Field Trip (8/2) Greenburgh Nature Center, Scarsdale, NY, via school bus
Week 5 (8/6-8/10) – Artful Antics
Field Trip (8/8 – K-2nd grade, 8/9 – 3rd-5th grade)
Grounds for Sculpture, Harriman, NJ, via school bus
Week 6 (8/13-8/17) On the Boardwalk, Spirit Week
Field Trip (8/16) Coney Island, via subway
Camp BBQ & Carnival (8/17)
Additional highlights & activities:
• Neighborhood trips to the Muehlenberg Library, Highline, Hudson River Park
• Overnight Camping Trip for 4th & 5th grades to Harriman State Park (8/7-8/8) (students must attend both weeks 4 and 5 in order to go on the camping trip.)
• Bike New York (5th grade – must be at least 10 years old)
• Additional field trips to Sims Recycling Center, NYC International Children’s Film Festival, New Victory Theatre Dance Program