The Summer Camp Program at PS 11 is going live beginning July 20th. We plan to offer live, in person programming from July 20th to August 13th. Registration is now open for all 4 weeks. Register here.
Our first 2 week – a Day in the Park – will run Monday, July 20th – Thursday, July 30th from 10:00-3:00. The cost will be $350; a limited number of scholarships will be available. We will apply any current credits or summer camp deposits to the amount due. There are a maximum of 30 seats available for this program and students must register and attend all 4 days. At this time, the program is open to incoming 1st-6th graders.
Students will be assigned to a group no larger than 15 but will participate in activities in groups of 5 (with one adult). All groups will remain the same throughout the week with the same kids and adults.
We are still working on a rain plan. There is a possibility that camp would be cancelled on a day with thunderstorms/heavy rain if a safe/feasible indoor space was not available.
The tentative schedule will be:
10:00 Meet at PS 11 (staggered arrival times)
10:30 Arrive at neighborhood Park (locations to be determined within walking distance)
10:30-11:00 Team Building Games
11:00-12:00 Enrichment activities (games, arts & crafts, storytelling, dance, chess, etc.)
12:00-12:30 Lunch (bagged lunch)
12:30-1:00 Free Time/Recess
1:00-2:00 Enrichment activities (games, arts & crafts, storytelling, dance, chess, etc.)
2:00-2:30 Team Building Games
2:30 -3:00 Return to PS 11 (staggered pickup times)
We will follow all CDC and New York State Guidelines for reopening.
Please make note of the following:
• All staff will be tested for COVID-19 within one week prior to resuming work
• Staff will be required to wear masks at all times when working/interacting with children
- Students will be required to wear masks and social distancing will be enforced.
- Daily health screenings must be completed daily before attending camp. Form must be completed online or on paper prior to arriving at camp. Temperature will be taken on arrival. Health Screening One-Time Attestation must be completed before attending camp.
- More than one absence per week will forfeit your child’s seat. All absences must be reported to afterschool staff in writing via email (email@example.com.)
- Students should bring a bagged lunch and bottled water. Prepackaged/individual snacks will be provided.
- Toys and personal items are not allowed.
- Arrivals and pickups will be staggered. Families will be assigned arrival and pickup times.Social distancing must be maintained at the designated area. Please plan on dropping off/picking up your child and leaving right away.
- Each student will receive an individual art/materials box. Families may send their own supplies but they must remain onsite.