Para nuestras familias hispanas: Por favor comuniquese con nosotros atravez de correo electronico (Ps11programs@aol.com) si necesita ayuda navegando o entendiendo la informacion de nuestra pagina.
Offering Afterschool Classes, Early Bird Morning Program and Summer Camp to students of PS 11.
NEWS & INFORMATION:
• Remote Learning Lab has been extended through Friday, December 4th. Seats are still available for all days/cohorts. Register here.
• We will hold our Remote Learning Lab on November 3rd (Election Day) from 8:30-2:00. All students are scheduled to be remote. This date was not previously open for registration. We will not hold Afterschool on November 3rd so that our staff can get home and VOTE.
• November 5th is scheduled to be a half-day. Cohort B students will be dismissed from school at 11:00 am. We will provide a half-day program from 11-3:00. Students will be picked up from PS 11 at 11:00 am and participate in enrichment activities (TBD) at IAC (555 West 18th Street) and the Park. Dismissal will be at PS 11 at 3:00. Students whose are already enrolled in our Remote Learning Lab on November 5th are welcome to stay until 3 or get picked up at the regular time (2:00.) Students who are not registered for the Remote Learning Lab on November 5th, must register for the Half-Day here.
• We will be extending our current Afterschool programs through December. Information will be available by October 30th.
SEE BELOW FOR NEW INFORMATION ON OUR REMOTE LEARNING LAB STARTING MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 21ST.
Our planning for Afterschool is underway. We do expect this to be a Fall of constant changes, but we hope that our plan for Afterschool helps to fill some of the “gaps” in the school day and provide your child with an opportunity to return to some sense of normalcy, whether you are opting for fully remote or blended learning.
• Interim Program, September 8th-September 18th
• Virtual Afterschool (8-week program) begins September 21st
• In-person Afterschool (8 week program) begins September 21st – open to all students (fully remote and blended)
• Childcare and Remote Learning Support TBD
VIRTUAL AFTERSCHOOL (8-week program) will begin September 21st
REGISTER HERE. Classes will take place during afterschool hours from 3:00-6:00. Classes starting this week include MakerState MineCraft and Inventor’s Club, Music Memory, Hip Hop with Frida, Karate, Rock and Roll Theatre with Mike Messer, ART with Sam White.
IN-PERSON AFTERSCHOOL (8-week program) will begin September 21st
LIVE Afterschool Classes:
• Afterschool at the GIANT Room, Mondays & Tuesdays
• Afterschool on the Highline, Mondays & Wednesdays*
• Afterschool in the Park, Mondays-Fridays*
• Hands-on-History, Wednesdays
• Running Club, Thursdays
• Skateboarding, Tuesdays and Fridays
*These 3 hour blocks will consist of 3 different activities that students can choose to participate in. For example, one day might be Hip Hop, Art, Card Games; another day could be Soccer, Sports, Card Games. The activities will remain the same each week and will be noted on the registration page so that you can choose the day with the activities that your child will prefer.
Classes will take place off-site during afterschool hours from 2:00-5:00. Students will be picked up at PS 11 if they are in attendance at school; another designated spot if they are not in school. We will return to PS 11 at 5:00 pm.
Registration for LIVE in person classes is open. REGISTER HERE
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE is available for all programs. Please complete the Financial Assistance/Fall 2020 Registration Form. A promo code will be emailed to you to use to register for the Fall Programs.
CHILD CARE and REMOTE LEARNING SUPPORT
We are very excited to announce that we will be opening a remote learning site beginning Monday, September 21st through Friday, October 30th. This is a temporary space but we do hope that we can find a way to extend or find another space after October 30th. The Learning Lab will be in the lobby of the IAC Building, 555 West 18th Street (18th Street And the West Side Highway.). The site will run from 8:30 am-2:00 pm each school day and will include coordination with each child’s remote learning schedule at PS 11, art and recreation and recess/outdoor time. The program is open to 2nd-5th graders. Students who are registered for Afterschool can go directly to their scheduled program from the Learning Lab.
This program will be open to 30 students per day, with at least half of the seats reserved for those families who live in public or temporary housing, are essential workers or who meet the federal income guidelines for free lunch. It will be offered for free to those families listed above; $55 per day for all other families.
Students must bring their own devices for remote learning , a bottle of water and a bagged lunch. Snack will be provided.
We will abide by of all the required NYS, NYC and CDC Guidelines.
Registration will open at www.ps11programs.ce.eleyo.com on Thursday, September 17th at 10 am.
We will follow all CDC and New York State Guidelines for reopening.
• All staff will be tested for COVID-19 within one week prior to resuming work
• Staff will be required to wear masks at all times when working/interacting with children
- Students will be required to wear masks and social distancing will be enforced.
- Daily health screenings must be completed daily before attending any in person programs. Form must be completed online or on paper prior to arriving at the site. Temperature will be taken on arrival. Health Screening One-Time Attestation must be completed before attending the program. If this attestation was completed for summer camp, it does not need to be completed again.
- IAC Waiver, if participating at IAC location.
- Students should bring bottled water. Prepackaged/individual snacks will be provided.
- Toys and personal items are not allowed.
- Arrivals and pickups will be staggered. Families will be assigned arrival and pickup times.Social distancing must be maintained at the designated area. Please plan on dropping off/picking up your child and leaving right away.
Please make sure that your Eleyo email addresses are current and that you check our website often, www.ps11programs.com. You an also follow us on Instagram @ps11programs. If you are a family new to PS 11 and are interested in our programs, please create an account at www.ps11programs.ce.eleyo.com.
We are looking forward to seeing you all in the Fall – whether virtually or in-person.