2022 Summer Camp Register HERE
Summer camp forms to complete: https://forms.gle/HVYEh9HdjM14iQD87
Summer Camp at PS 11 will run from July 5th-August 12th from 9:00-5:00 pm. And we are happy to report that PS 11 will be our home base this summer. However, while construction continues in the school building, we expect to spend a good part of our day off site. We are hard at work creating an enriching, fun-filled, robust camp that will keep your kids active and engaged. We will have more information available soon about other activities, field trips and partnerships.
Week 1, July 5- July 8 – TREASURE ISLAND
Week 2, July 11-July 15 – SUPER HEROES
Week 3, July 18-July 22 – UP THE RIVER
Week 4, July 25-July 29 – NATURE LOVERS
Week 5, August 1-August 5 – DOWN ON THE FARM
Week 6, August 8-August 12 – WATERWORLD
Camp will run Monday-Friday from 9:00 am-5:00 pm. The cost will be $600/week. Camp will be open to incoming Kindergarten students through 6th grade.
The tentative schedule will be:
9:00 Arrival at PS 11
10:30-12:30. Off-site activities
12:30-1:00 Lunch (bagged lunch)
1:00-1:30 Free Time/Recess
2:00-5:00 PS 11 activities
4:00-5:00 pm Dismissal at PS 11
Highlights from last year:
-Enrichment activities include Hip Hop, WonderHut Science, Art, Sport of the Week, Cooking
-Weekly Giant Room Visits for all groups
-Little Island Visits
-Hudson River Park Junior Ranger Program
-Friday Field Trips
-Targeted academic instruction with PS 11 teachers (teacher referral required)
We will follow all CDC and New York State COVID-19 Guidelines for summer camps.
Please make note of the following:
Staff & Student Requirements
- Students 5 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- All staff and volunteers are fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Week 6 Calendar:
Tuesday August 8 – Friday, August 12 22, 2022
Schedules subject to change.
Friday, August 12 Field Trip Lake Welch, Harriman State Park ((back up Bear Mountain State Park and pool) (via school bus)
Week 6 Calendar
Monday, August 8-Friday, August 12, 2022
Giant Room Visits-all grades
Tuesday, August 9 – Bike NY – Riverside Park (5th & 6th graders – must be 10 years old)
Friday, August 12th Field trip to Lake Welch/Harriman State Park (via school bus)
Staff & Student Requirements
- We will abide by CDC and NYS guidelines regarding mask wearing and social distancing. We hope that students will be able to go maskless when outside and able to social distance.
- All summer camp staff and students will be fully vaccinated.
- Daily health screenings TBD
- More than one absence per week will forfeit your child’s seat. All absences must be reported to afterschool staff in writing via email (firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Students should bring a bagged lunch and bottled water. Prepackaged/individual snacks will be provided.
- Toys and personal items are not allowed.