Para nuestras familias hispanas: Por favor comuniquese con nosotros atravez de correo electronico (Ps11programs@aol.com) si necesita ayuda navegando o entendiendo la informacion de nuestra pagina.
Offering Afterschool Classes, Early Bird Morning Program and Summer Camp to students of PS 11.
NEWS & INFORMATION:
Thank you for your patience as we continue to navigate the ever changing schedules. We do anticipate there will be more changes coming once the new schedules are finalized but for now:
• Afterschool and the Remote Learning Lab will remain open when schools are closed as long as we do not have any direct exposure to any of the positive COVID-19 cases at PS 11.
• Afterschool will be closed on Wednesday, December 23rd. Remote Learning Lab will be open. All students will be dismissed from IAC at 2:00 pm.
• The Remote Learning Lab at IAC has been extended through March, at least. Registration for February will be open by January 4th.
• We have added some new virtual classes – including several MakerState coding & engineering classes. If you have any other requests for virtual classes please let us know. Register at: ps11programs.ce.eleyo.com.
We are so grateful for the PS 11 community and thank you for entrusting us with your children. They have truly filled our souls with so much joy this year! Sending wishes for a magical holiday season.
• Virtual and LIVE Afterschool programs have been extended through February 11th. Registration is open at ps11programs.ce.eleyo.com.
The following LIVE options are available:
• Afterschool in the Park & Beyond – outdoor activities will take place at the park with an indoor option (at IAC) for part of the afternoon from 200-5:00, Monday-Friday. Students may opt for outdoor only activities. Activities will take place in all kinds of weather so students MUST dress appropriately.
• Afterschool at the GIANT Room, Mondays and Tuesdays, 2:00-5:30.
• Afterschool at PS 11 (POSTPONED)- activities will take place at PS 11 for students in Cohorts A, B, C on their designated in-school days. The program will initially run Wednesday through Friday from 2:00-5:00. Activities will be both indoors and outdoors.
Virtual classes will also continue through February 11th. A list of these classes is at ps11programs.ce.eleyo.com
VIRTUAL AFTERSCHOOL (8-week program) will begin September 21st
REGISTER HERE. Classes will take place during afterschool hours from 3:00-6:00. Classes starting this week include MakerState MineCraft and Inventor’s Club, Music Memory, Hip Hop with Frida, Karate, Rock and Roll Theatre with Mike Messer, ART with Sam White.
IN-PERSON AFTERSCHOOL (8-week program) will begin September 21st
LIVE Afterschool Classes:
• Afterschool at the GIANT Room, Mondays & Tuesdays
• Afterschool on the Highline, Mondays & Wednesdays*
• Afterschool in the Park, Mondays-Fridays*
• Hands-on-History, Wednesdays
• Running Club, Thursdays
• Skateboarding, Tuesdays and Fridays
*These 3 hour blocks will consist of 3 different activities that students can choose to participate in. For example, one day might be Hip Hop, Art, Card Games; another day could be Soccer, Sports, Card Games. The activities will remain the same each week and will be noted on the registration page so that you can choose the day with the activities that your child will prefer.
Classes will take place off-site during afterschool hours from 2:00-5:00. Students will be picked up at PS 11 if they are in attendance at school; another designated spot if they are not in school. We will return to PS 11 at 5:00 pm.
Registration for LIVE in person classes is open. REGISTER HERE
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE is available for all programs. Please complete the Financial Assistance/Fall 2020 Registration Form. A promo code will be emailed to you to use to register for the Fall Programs.
CHILD CARE and REMOTE LEARNING SUPPORT
We are very excited to announce that we will be opening a remote learning site beginning Monday, September 21st through Friday, October 30th. This is a temporary space but we do hope that we can find a way to extend or find another space after October 30th. The Learning Lab will be in the lobby of the IAC Building, 555 West 18th Street (18th Street And the West Side Highway.). The site will run from 8:30 am-2:00 pm each school day and will include coordination with each child’s remote learning schedule at PS 11, art and recreation and recess/outdoor time. The program is open to 2nd-5th graders. Students who are registered for Afterschool can go directly to their scheduled program from the Learning Lab.
This program will be open to 30 students per day, with at least half of the seats reserved for those families who live in public or temporary housing, are essential workers or who meet the federal income guidelines for free lunch. It will be offered for free to those families listed above; $55 per day for all other families.
Students must bring their own devices for remote learning , a bottle of water and a bagged lunch. Snack will be provided.
We will abide by of all the required NYS, NYC and CDC Guidelines.
Registration will open at www.ps11programs.ce.eleyo.com on Thursday, September 17th at 10 am.
We will follow all CDC and New York State Guidelines for reopening.
• All staff will be tested for COVID-19 within one week prior to resuming work
• Staff will be required to wear masks at all times when working/interacting with children
- Students will be required to wear masks and social distancing will be enforced.
- Daily health screenings must be completed daily before attending any in person programs. Form must be completed online or on paper prior to arriving at the site. Temperature will be taken on arrival. Health Screening One-Time Attestation must be completed before attending the program. If this attestation was completed for summer camp, it does not need to be completed again.
- IAC Waiver, if participating at IAC location.
- Students should bring bottled water. Prepackaged/individual snacks will be provided.
- Toys and personal items are not allowed.
- Arrivals and pickups will be staggered. Families will be assigned arrival and pickup times.Social distancing must be maintained at the designated area. Please plan on dropping off/picking up your child and leaving right away.
Please make sure that your Eleyo email addresses are current and that you check our website often, www.ps11programs.com. You an also follow us on Instagram @ps11programs. If you are a family new to PS 11 and are interested in our programs, please create an account at www.ps11programs.ce.eleyo.com.
We are looking forward to seeing you all in the Fall – whether virtually or in-person.