Welcome to Summer Camp.
Week #4 July 24th-July 28th, 2017 Hands on History
7/24 Google CS First Coding Event, Hudson Guild (4th grade)
7/25 Governor’s Island Teaching Garden, leaving PS 11 at 9 am to catch ferry (1st grade)
7/25 Fishing at Hudson River Park (6th grade)
7/26 Governor’s Island Teaching Garden, leaving PS 11 at 9 am to catch ferry (2nd grade)
7/26 New Victory Theatre Dance Program, (3rd & 4th grade)
7/26 Fishing at Hudson River Park (5th grade)
7/27 Old Bethpage Village Living History Museum, Old Bethpage, NY
via school bus leaving PS 11 at 9 am (all grades)
7/28 Bike NY, East River Park (5th grade), leaving PS 11 at 9 am
7/28 SIMS Recycling Center (4th & 6th grade)
We are so excited to begin another year of summer camp at PS 11. We are looking forward to spending time with your child this summer. We have so many fun activities planned.
Please make sure you have completed all the forms and returned them to us BEFORE your child begins summer camp.
REGULAR CAMP HOURS ARE 9:00-5:00 • EARLY DROP OFF IS AT 8:00 A.M. ($10 PER DAY) • LATE PICKUP IS AT 6:00 P.M. ($10 PER DAY)
• BREAKFAST WILL BE SERVED DAILY BEGINNING AT 8:45 A.M. • CHILDREN CAN NOT ENTER THE SCHOOL BUILDING BEFORE 8:45 UNLESS SIGNED UP FOR EARLY DROP OFF • SCHOOL LUNCH WILL ALSO BE PROVIDED EVERY DAY BY SCHOOL FOOD. IF YOU CHOOSE TO SEND YOUR CHILD WITH HIS/HER OWN LUNCH, PLEASE DO NOT SEND GLASS BOTTLES OR ANY ITEMS THAT NEED TO BE MICROWAVED.
CHILDREN SHOULD BRING WITH THEM EACH DAY:
• A BATHING SUIT AND TOWEL • SNEAKERS • A BOTTLE OF WATER OR WATER BOTTLE • FOR YOUNGER CHILDREN, AN EXTRA SET OF CLOTHES • SUMMER READING BOOKS/PROJECTS
PLEASE APPLY SUNSCREEN TO YOUR CHILD EACH MORNING BEFORE COMING TO CAMP.
PLEASE LEAVE ALL TOYS, GAMES, CANDY, ELECTRONICS AT HOME.
CHILDREN SHOULD BE DRESSED APPROPRIATELY IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN ALL ACTIVITIES. SHORTS & SNEAKERS/SANDALS ARE PREFERRED. PLEASE NO FLIP FLOPS. CHILDREN WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO GO ON FIELD TRIPS WEARING FLIP FLOPS!!
THE SUMMER CAMP SCHEDULE IS AS FOLLOWS:
8:00 EARLY DROP OFF ($10)
9:00-10:00 BREAKFAST/CHOICE TIME
10:00-12:00 ENRICHMENT ACTIVITIES*
12:00-1:00 LUNCH/PLAY TIME 1:00-2:00 GENIUS HOUR**
2:00-4:00 ENRICHMENT ACTIVITIES*
4:00-5:00 FREE TIME/DISMISSAL
5:00-6:00 LATE PICKUP ($10)
Below are listed the links to all summer camp forms, Genius Hour signups and general camp information.
Summer Camp Letter
Summer Camp Forms
Genius Hour sign up, week 4 only – 1st-6th grade. K students will have their own group during genius hour.
GENIUS HOUR WILL BE HELD EVERY DAY FROM 1:00-2:00. STUDENTS WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO SIGN UP FOR AN ENRICHMENT PROGRAM OF THEIR CHOICE.
Summer Camp materials needed: old magazines, pinecones, branches or driftwood, large plastic bottles/containers (soda, milk gallons, detergent bottles), bottle caps, artificial flowers
Week 1 (7/5-7/7) We are the World! No field trip.
Week 2 (7/10-7/14) Up the Lazy River
Field Trip: Beczak Environmental Center (seining) in Yonkers, NY
Week 3 (7/17-7/21) Flying Things
Field Trip (7/20) Cradle of Aviation, Garden City, NY
Week 4 (7/24-7/28) Hands on History
Field Trip (7/27) Old Bethpage Village, Old Bethpage, NY
Week 5 (7/31-8/4) – Art & Nature
Field Trip (8/3) Storm King Art Center, New Windsor, NY
Week 6 (8/7-8/11) Myths & Legends
Field Trip (8/10) Sands Point Preserve, Sands Point, NY
Week 7 (8/14-8/18) Hawaii PS11-Style
Field Trip (8/17) Coney Island; Luau & BBQ (8/18)
Additional highlights & activities:
• Neighborhood trips to the Muehlenberg Library, Highline, Hudson River Park.
• Overnight Camping Trip for 4th & 5th grades to Harriman State Park (8/8-8/9) (students must attend both weeks 5 and 6 in order to go on the camping trip.)
• Bike New York (5th grade – must be at least 10 years old)
• Additional field trips to Governor’s Island, Sims Recycling Center, NYC International Children’s Film Festival, New Victory Theatre Dance Program