Para nuestras familias hispanas: Por favor comuniquese con nosotros atravez de correo electronico (Ps11programs@aol.com) si necesita ayuda navegando o entendiendo la informacion de nuestra pagina.
Offering Afterschool Classes, Early Bird Morning Program and Summer Camp to students of PS 11.
NEWS & INFORMATION:
Thank you for your patience as we continue to navigate the ever changing schedules.
• Afterschool and the Remote Learning Lab will remain open when schools are closed as long as we do not have any direct exposure to any of the positive COVID-19 cases at PS 11.
• The Remote Learning Lab at IAC has been extended through May 2021. Registration is currently open through May 2021. See below for more information.
• Registration is OPEN for the next session of afterschool that will run from April 5th-May 28th. Both Virtual and LIVE classes are available. Sewing, Girls on the Run, Rock and Roll Movies, Capoiera and Chinese Arts are returning to our LIVE schedule. If you have opted back in to school starting April 26th, there is a 5-week payment/registration option.
. We are excited to continue the FREE virtual theater workshops in partnership with TADA!. Students who are registered for a LIVE session can also participate in these workshops while they are with us at IAC. Registration is required.
• SUMMER CAMP is looming and we are in planning mode. We still have many unanswered questions but we have opened a preliminary registration form. If you are interested in sending your child to Summer Camp, please complete this form. A $100 deposit is requested but will be refundable through May 15th. We hope to have more details by the end of April. Registration is here.
• New Hip Hop Videos – Wednesday LIVE afterschool and Tuesday Virtual class
We are so grateful for the PS 11 community and thank you for entrusting us with your children. They have truly filled our souls with so much joy this year!
REGISTER HERE. New 8-week session will run from April 5th-May 28th. Classes will take place during afterschool hours from 3:00-6:00. Classes include MakerState MineCraft and Inventor’s Club, Music Memory, Hip Hop with Frida, Karate, Rock and Roll Theatre with Mike Messer, ART with Sam White, Amazing Animals, TADA! Theatre workshop
The following LIVE options for the 8 week session (April 5-May 28th) are available:
• Afterschool in the Park & Beyond – outdoor activities will take place at the park with an indoor option (at IAC) for part of the afternoon from 200-5:00, Monday-Friday. Students may opt for outdoor only activities. Activities will take place in all kinds of weather so students MUST dress appropriately.
• Afterschool at the GIANT Room, Mondays and Tuesdays, 2:00-5:30.
• Afterschool on the Highline, Mondays and Wednesdays, 2:00-6:00
• Sewing, Girls on the Run and Skateboarding will also be available as a LIVE in-person class. Separate registration is required
*These 3 hour blocks will consist of 2-3 different activities that students can choose to participate in. For example, one day might be Hip Hop, Art, Card Games; another day could be Soccer, Sports, Card Games. The activities will remain the same each week and will be noted on the registration page so that you can choose the day with the activities that your child will prefer.
Classes will take place off-site during afterschool hours from 2:00-5:00. Students will be picked up at PS 11 if they are in attendance at school; another designated spot if they are not in school. We will return to PS 11 at 5:00 pm.
Registration for LIVE in person classes is open. REGISTER HERE
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE is available for all programs. Please complete the Financial Assistance/Fall 2020 Registration Form. A promo code will be emailed to you to use to register for the Fall Programs.
CHILD CARE and REMOTE LEARNING SUPPORT
The Learning Lab has been extended through May 28th and will be in the lobby of the IAC Building, 555 West 18th Street (18th Street And the West Side Highway.). The site will run from 8:30 am-2:00 pm each school day and will include coordination with each child’s remote learning schedule at PS 11, art and recreation and recess/outdoor time. The program is open to 1st-5th graders. Students who are registered for Afterschool can go directly to their scheduled program from the Learning Lab.
This program will be open to 30 students per day, with at least half of the seats reserved for those families who live in public or temporary housing, are essential workers or who meet the federal income guidelines for free lunch. It will be offered for free to those families listed above; $55 per day for all other families.
Students must bring their own devices for remote learning , a bottle of water and a bagged lunch. Snack will be provided. REGISTER HERE
We will abide by of all the required NYS, NYC and CDC Guidelines.
We will follow all CDC and New York State Guidelines for reopening.
Staff & Student Requirements
- Students will be required to wear masks and social distancing will be enforced.
- Daily health screenings must be completed daily before attending any in person programs. Form must be completed online or on paper prior to arriving at the site. Temperature will be taken on arrival. Health Screening One-Time Attestation must be completed before attending the program. If this attestation was completed for summer camp, it does not need to be completed again.
- IAC Waiver, if participating at IAC location.
- Students should bring bottled water. Prepackaged/individual snacks will be provided.
- Toys and personal items are not allowed.
Please make sure that your Eleyo email addresses are current and that you check our website often, www.ps11programs.com. You an also follow us on Instagram @ps11programs. If you are a family new to PS 11 and are interested in our programs, please create an account at www.ps11programs.ce.eleyo.com.