PS 11 Programs will follow all CDC and New York State Guidelines for reopening.
Please make note of the following:
• All staff will be tested for COVID-19 within one week prior to resuming work
• Staff will be required to wear masks at all times when working/interacting with children
- Students will be required to wear masks and social distancing will be enforced.
- Daily health screenings must be completed daily before attending camp. Form must be completed online or on paper prior to arriving at camp. Temperature will be taken on arrival. Health Screening One-Time Attestation must be completed before attending afterschool. If you completed this for summer camp, you do not need to submit it again.
- More than one absence per week will forfeit your child’s seat. All absences must be reported to afterschool staff in writing via email (email@example.com.)
- Students should bring a bagged lunch (if applicable) and bottled water. Prepackaged/individual snacks will be provided.
- Toys and personal items are not allowed.
- Arrivals and pickups will be staggered. Families will be assigned arrival and pickup times. Social distancing must be maintained at the designated area. Please plan on dropping off/picking up your child and leaving right away.
March 29, 2020:
We hope that you and your loved ones are staying safe and healthy.
This has been a challenging couple of weeks, but we are overwhelmed and inspired by the continued support, strength and resiliency of the PS 11 community.
We have been working hard to move as many of our classes online as possible. We have been cooking, dancing, coding, rocking and rolling, playing soccer and so much more. A complete list of online classes are available below – and we continue to add more each day so check the list often.
We also are opening up some classes to all students (see list below)- whether you are currently enrolled in that class or not. A great opportunity for your child to try out a new class, learn a new skill and meet up with friends and classmates.
We will post the links on our website on Sundays (and update it throughout the week.) You can join any available class. Please try to join the class at the indicated time. This list does not include all the classes that we are currently offering. Only the ones that new students are able to join.
We would like this to be really flexible – you can join when you want, no weekly commitment. Although afterschool rates will apply, no payments will be required. Families can use the credits from payments already made toward these classes.
We are also posting on our website other available resources & activities sent to us by some of our partners (Children’s Museum of the Arts, NY International Children’s Film Festival). We will continue to add and update as new information comes our way.
Please stay safe and healthy. And let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to support you and your family.
Debbie & the Afterschool Team
Follow us on Instagram @ps11programs and see below for other information and resources. Tag us on Instagram @ps11programs so we can see your kids engaging in Afterschool
March 23, 2020:
This is a great resource from GreenBeetz with resources for food, medical/mental health, learning and engagement and support.
March 18, 2020
Refund/Credit policy: We are still working out how to apply payments for missed classes as of March 16, 2020. We are hoping that we will all be back to school on April 20th. If that is the case, we would apply any credits for missed classes going forward. There will be no further automatic charges/bills until we have resumed operations. Credits/refunds for Early Bird, Extended Dismissal and Afterschool Dropins will also be made. In the meantime, we are offering several online classes that we hope will help to keep your child engaged (see list below.)
March 16, 2020: Below we have listed the vendors and classes that have organized virtual programming. We will continue to add to the list as more become available.
A continuacion, tenemos la lista de clases de afterschool que han creado videos y/o contenido virtual para los estudiantes registrados en esas clases. Seguiermos agregando clases a medida que esten disponibles.
- Makerstate: ALL classes
- SPARK Business Academy: My First Lemonade Stand and Budding Entrepreneurs
- Sophia’s Hip Hop classes
- Frida’s Hip Hop classes
- Rock Star
- Rock and Roll Movies
- Farm to Table Cooking
- PopFit Junior & Femme Fitness
- Drawing with Heiddy (Wednesday)
- Model Airplane Building
- French & Spanish
- Chinese (Mandarin) & Chinese Crafts
March 15, 2020: School is closed beginning Monday, March 16th through April 20th. Stay tuned for information on our VIRTUAL programming.
We hope you and your loved ones are safe and in good health.
We don’t know what the next few weeks or months will bring, but we are collaborating with our vendors and instructors to provide some online and virtual programming. It will not be available for every class but we will do all that we can to provide resources to help your children stay busy and engaged in their Afterschool programs. We are also trying to create a list of other online resources (see below) that you can use to keep your kids busy.
Your family’s health and the health and safety of our staff is of the utmost importance. We will be in touch as the situation progresses but please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.
Debbie & the Afterschool Team
Para nuestras familias,
Estarémos actualizando esta pagina y nuestras redes sociales con información apenas que sea disponible.